WordPress has a really great annual report they send you every year in January giving you statistics on your blog. I thought you might find it interesting (….or not, but read through to the end anyway because I want your input….pleeeeeeease!)
2011 Blog Stats for Monday Motivation & More
Number of Posts: 29 (that averages 2.5 posts a month…anemic if you want my opinion)
Number of photos posted: 207 (ok so I like pictures!)
Number of visitors: 30,000 (wow…that’s a small city)
Where the visitors are from:
- North America (of course the vast majority are from the USA & Canada)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Ecudor, Peru)
- Europe (Germany, Spain, France)
- Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa)
- Asia (Phillipians, India, Japan, Pakistan)
- Australia (New Zealand, Guam, Papa New Guinea)
(I am AMAZED and feeling very cross cultural right now! I have folks visiting from every continent except Antarctica. Now if only I could go visit all of them!)
Number of Email Subscribers: 875 (if you want to receive my posts in your email box…you can subscribe here)
Top referrers to my blog (these are websites not people…I know many of my faithful fans give out my web address to friends & family and I thank you for your support)
- facebook (because I link my posts to my facebook page!)
- Thoughts about God
- Mommylife (one of my favorite blogs to read)
- Yahoo mail
Top Posts: (by number of views)
- I am the 1% (I guess using a title with a hot current event gets you hits. This blog post was not really a commentary on the Occupy Wall Street situation, but more of an encouragement to look at our lives and strive to be the best! I sure made a lot of folks mad however…oy vey!)
- Take the 40 Day Love Dare Challenge (This has been a top post since I wrote it three years ago. The thing is…it is really not even much of a post. Most people who come looking are either desperate to fix their marriage or are looking for the list of the 40 day challenge without having to buy the book. I guess this should tell me that there are lots of people looking for help with their marriages)
- Holy Week (A post about the importance of honoring and observing Holy Week as believers. There are several links to our Easter traditions. It makes me really happy that this post made the top five as I hope Christians are getting more serious about observing the important Holy Days of our faith)
- Our Passover Christian Seder (I wrote this post 4 years ago and it stays in the top posts every year. It gives details at to why and how we celebrate Passover with a Christian Seder. Again I am thrilled with the interest this generates. I hope many believers incorporate this feast into their Easter Week celebration)
- Rite of Passage (This post is about the Christian Rite of Passage we have our children go through as a young person who is ready to take responsibility for their faith. I wish all families did something like this for their children!)
So my dear blogosphere friends I would love to hear a few things from you?
Where are you from? (city, state, country)
How did you come to my blog? (are you a subscriber, did you google something, from facebook, are you my friends, family, former students or business associates…tell me how you got here)
What were your favorite 2011 posts? (4 out of the 5 top posts were written well before 2011…I would love to know if my current posts are helpful and adding value to your life)
What would you like to hear about in 2012?
Ok, ok I’ll bribe you to comment in the comment section below. If you will answer my four questions by Monday January 8, I’ll put your name in a drawing for a $10 gift card to Starbucks or your favorite coffee or tea hang out!
Thanks for reading my blog this past year and for all the encouragement to carry on! In a few days I’ll tell you my favorite blog posts from 2011.
“Tada!” Ya see I couldn’t post without a picture.