It began with a dream. Ten years ago, a handful of committed Christians who believed in the ministry of Christian education and desired to see a high school in the Central Valley that glorified God in everything, came together to start a school where:
- The staff and teachers were committed Christians with a heart for ministering to and discipling students.
- Students desired to grow closer to God and would be trained to go out and make a difference in the world.
- Training in academics, athletics, technology and the arts would be accomplished with a spirit of excellence.
- The social atmosphere was positive, uplifting and inspiring.
- Jesus was lifted up and the light of His love would shine brightly to the entire community.
In September of 1997, after much prayer and seeking God, the school was officially founded. The name was chosen, the paperwork was filed with the State of California, the first school board was officially assembled and the Director of Development was hired to take on the task of raising funds, writing school policies and procedures, promoting and marketing the school, securing a facility and recruiting teachers and students. Each month new supporters joined the effort and more families came on board in hopes of the vision becoming a reality. Everyone involved gave of their time, talent and treasure to help found Jim Elliot Christian High School.
It was a huge step of faith for –
- The board members who gave of their wisdom, expertise and sacrificed countless hours to start JECHS.
- The Director of Development who worked tirelessly to accomplish all that needed to happen for the school to open and lived by faith that the Lord would provide for his family while doing this.
- Families who enrolled their children in a school that did not even have a set location or any history.
- Teachers who applied for positions with no certain job security and low salaries.
- Hundreds of financial supporters who gave money to a school that did not yet exist, except in the hearts & minds of the founders.
“Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.” John 20:29
One year later, on September 2,1998, Jim Elliot Christian High School began it’s first day of school with 42 students, 10 staff members and a gym packed full of families and supporters who all came together for the opening day chapel with joy in their hearts and tears streaming down their faces as they praised God for His faithfulness.
The dream became a reality!
We will be celebrating our 10th year anniversary over the next year and a half and giving God glory for the great things He has done! JECHS was founded in September of 1997, we began our first day of school in September of 1998 and we graduated our first class in June of 1999. We invite you to get involved, invested and join with us in this “Foundation Celebration” as we have many special events, activities and programs to –
· Honor our founding families, faithful supporters, committed staff and board members, and wonderful students who have been involved over the past 10 years.
· Celebrate and remember the highlights of the past decade.
· Look to the future of Jim Elliot Christian High School and take us into the next decade of discipleship!
“To Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. To Him be the glory in the Church by Jesus Christ throughout all ages, world without end. Amen” Ephesians 3:20-21