It has finally happened!
After 1 year, 7 months and 4 days of “waiting” we got a call this afternoon from a our very enthusiastic adoption counselor that we have been chosen to be the forever family to a baby girl who was born six weeks ago and is in need of a loving family and a place to call home. I can’t tell you the joy that has filled all of our hearts and how our household has been turned into a frenzy of activity and commotion as we make plans and get ready to welcome a new baby into our lives. We are all so excited!
There are many details to share and for sure I will be sharing soon….but for now let me just answer a few common questions for you.
“Wait, a girl! I thought you were trying to adopt a boy?”
When we started this amazing adoption journey, we thought we would be adopting a boy. In the midst of the process we realized that it really did not matter what the gender of our adopted baby would be (just as it never mattered the gender of our biological born children). Yes, we would like a brother or two for Daniel (and are still believing God for that to transpire someday soon) but we decided not to close our hearts to whatever God had for us. Well, now we know that he has a precious baby sister to bless us all with and we couldn’t be more thrilled.
“You already have 7 children….Why are you adopting?”
- Because you can never have too many blessings in your life!
- Because children are a gift from God!
- Because the Bible says – “Pure & lasting religion in the sight of God our father means we must care for widows & orphans in their distress” James 1:27 I believe that we as followers of Christ all need to play a part in the plight of orphans around the world – whether it is by adopting them into our family, supporting those who adopt, helping out financially, or fostering and providing a “forever family” the many waiting children in the system. Will it be hard? Probably…but just because something is hard that doesn’t mean we are not suppose to do it. (especially if it is so clearly stated in the Word) Can we afford it? – No, not really but we know that the Lord will provide our needs. (He promises us that) Will the adoption road always be easy? Probably not – but it will be worth it!
When will you be bringing the sweet baby girl home?
It looks like we will be traveling to Tennessee this weekend and hopefully be back home by mid next week with our new baby girl. We will be posting lots of photos and keeping you all updated. (and for those who are local I am sure wse will be having a BIG baby shower & welcome party)
How can we help?
- Well thanks for asking! We do need help and some of it we need pretty quickly. As most of you know this entire adoption has been financed through fundraisers and donations. We have aprox 2/3 of the money we need to finalize the adoption — but when we write that check for $7,500+ next week we will be short a couple thousand. We also will have “post placement” fees here in California to the tune of about $1,200 in the upcoming month. Then there is the air fares which as we are looking right now will run us about $350 each. We know that the Lord has a plan & perhaps that includes you. If you can do anything to help us out you can donate through paypal online here. (Or you can send a check to – 313 W. Robinhood Dr Stockton, CA 95207) Please pass this request on to anyone know who has a heart to help others with adoption.
- Pray for us! Pray for this transition to be smooth. Pray for the girls & Daniel as they wait rather impatiently for their new sister to come home. Pray for the mouths of any “naysayers” to be shut. (yes people do say negative things)
- We have passed on most all of our girl clothes to bless others – so if you like to go shopping for little girl clothes – go right ahead!
And now what you have all been waiting for – a picture of our precious new little baby girl!
If the above link does not work for donations – here is the URL – https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=5373935