Over 5 years ago a distraught young woman found herself facing an unplanned crisis pregnancy. She was upset and conflicted. She was unmarried, struggling financially and already had a one year old child. Her friends told her to get rid of the “problem”. Her boyfriend said that he could not support another child. Her grandmother told her if she had the baby that she could expect NO help from her.
So…when she walked into a place….just like our Pregnancy Help Center here in Stockton…she was ready to get an abortion. The counselors there lovingly talked with her, encouraged her and shared with her the options of keeping her baby and that they would assist her with resources to raise the child or to place her baby in the loving arms of a forever family through adoption.
After much counseling she made the decision to choose life and pursue adoption.
On April 3, 2009….she gave birth to a beautiful healthy 6lb baby girl.
- A baby girl who just months earlier…could have been just another one of the 55 million casualties that have taken place since January 22 1973…41 years ago when the Supreme Court made abortion legal in our country.
- A baby girl who could have been destroyed and torn apart limb by limb through the gruesome procedure we call a just a “choice”
- A baby girl who tragically could have never taken a breath or given a chance at living the unique and exquisite life she was made to live
- A baby girl who was not a mistake or an accident, but a planned creation of God.
- A baby girl who was not a “potential” human, but rather a human with great potential.
- A baby girl who never would have been placed into the arms of loving parents and been given a forever family to grow up in if her mother had chosen abortion
But praise be to God….and thanks to the counseling and prayers of the Christian staff & volunteers at a crisis pregnancy center…this baby girl’s mom chose life!
And on Sunday May 19….baby girl was placed into the arms of her adoptive parents who with love and joy overflowing from their hearts and uncontrollable tears streaming down their faces looked down into her beautiful brown eyes and said…”You are ours!” The miracle of adoption!
The mommy in this picture is me and the handsome man is my amazing husband and “baby girl” is our precious daughter who was given to us by God through the unselfish act of love of her birth mother who choose NOT to abort her despite the obstacles she faced and instead gave her to a large, loving…. “church going family” (her only request for who would adopt her baby).
9 months later ….on January 22, 2010, the exact anniversary of that ominous Roe vs Wade decision to make it legal to have an abortion at any time during pregnancy, (and I do not believe it is a coincidence that the court “happened” to choose January 22 as her official adoption day….no God in His amazing providence choose to “redeem” this day through a child who was rescued from abortion and given life!)…we sat in front of a SJ County Judge and committed to love, care for and share all our inheritance equally with baby girl just as if we had given birth to her…and with the pound of a gavel, she became officially a Lambdin!
So today is officially “baby girls” Adoption Day!
- We celebrate her life!
- We celebrate and honor her birth mother’s loving choice!
- We celebrate being a Lambdin!
- We celebrate being a part of God’s family!
Happy Adoption Day to our precious “Baby Girl”