Here it is!
We promised in our Christmas letter that you would have more information about what exactly we are doing with Inspire Ministries and this post will give you a look at all that we have planned for 2014. The newsletter below, that will go out in the mail next week, is an introduction to Inspire Ministries.
We have already begun hosting several of our scheduled events as well as meeting regularly with individuals needing coaching and counseling in specific areas of their lives. In just this first month of the year we have seen marriages strengthened, men encouraged, parents equipped, moms refreshed, individuals inspired to impact children in need and young people on the road to being set free! We can hardly contain our excitement as we use our decades of experience in ministry, education, counseling, mentoring, discipleship, speaking and leadership, combined with our God given unique gifts and talents, to impact those in our community and the world on a larger scale.
It is yet another dream for us coming alive! We could not be more thrilled and filled with anticipation for the future!
And this is just the beginning of what we believe the Lord may have in store for this ministry! We have many dreams for the future:
- We dream of ministry homes where we can really get in daily and help to mentor train & teach people how to live a life of passion purpose & praise — those in poverty, foster children aging out of the system, pregnant moms in crisis, single parents struggling to raise their children — who have not been given the firm foundation that many of us have
- We dream of adding events, conferences & retreats to our annual schedule and growing from ministering to hundreds to ministering to thousands and Lord willing tens of thousands
- We dream of bringing on passionate volunteers and staff who can both minister with us and take on entire areas of this ministry and add value and growth to our vision
- We dream of having resources (books, videos, webinars, products) that will enhance our message and help others to live a life of passion purpose & praise
- We dream of having an office and administrative staff to handle the business aspect of Inspire so we can focus our time and energy on ministry
- And yes…we still have a big dream of owning a camp or retreat center where people can get away for a week or weekend and have a life changing experience with the Lord that will impact young people, marriages, men, women, parents & families!
And this ministry has begun with our stepping out in faith into what we believe the Lord has called us to do and with the prayers, encouragement and support of a couple dozen people who believe in us, our vision and in the value of Inspire Ministries! We look to the scripture in Zechariah 4:10 – “Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin!” – as a source of inspiration and motivation to press on!
In order for us to pursue this as full time ministry, we are going to need our number of supporters and partners in ministry to grow much larger. Our board of directors has approved our financial goals and support raising plan for 2014 and it includes a budget of close to $100,000 for this first year of pursuing Inspire Ministries full time. That budget includes administrative, office, promotional and ministry expenses (we are not charging for our events or to counsel, coach, mentor or train people…although donations to the ministry will be accepted), charitable giving and salaries for both Dan & Beth Lambdin as Executive Directors of the ministry.
We know that the Lord can raise that budget (and beyond!) in any way He pleases and we are trusting Him to meet our needs. We are asking Him to give us at least 230 ministry partners who would commit to:
- faithfully praying for Inspire Ministries and for the Lambdin family
- giving financially to support Inspire Ministry. We are asking for either a monthly donation of $25, $35 or $50 OR an annual donation of $300, $420, $600 or $1,000. That said, we will be blessed by any size financial gift to the ministry and are excited to see how the Lord will use His people to meet the needs.
As of today we have 15 ministry partners and we are praying that this blog, facebook post, email and our mailing next week will quickly add to that number, allowing us to move forward with confidence.
If you believe in us, our vision and the ministry of Inspire and would like to become one of our ministry partners, we would be beyond blessed, humbled and thrilled to have you join with us to impact people to live a life of passion, purpose & praise!
If you decide to become a ministry partner our response card is below. You can respond via email with the information on this card – firstname.lastname@example.org or you can send us your address and we will mail a response card to you that you can fill out and return. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. All donations are tax deductible.
To God be the glory…great things He has done! We love you all and are so thankful that you are a part of our lives.