Just over a week ago was our annual Lambdin family summer camping trip to the beautiful & cool (as in weather) Lake Tahoe. We had an amazing week with family and friends relaxing, reading, swimming, eating and playing!
One of my many favorite things about our family camping trip is that we play games…Catch Phrase, Pass the Pig, Capitalism, Mexican Train Dominos, Uno and lots of card games. Hands down my favorite card game is Hearts! And my girls, as well as all the cousins, will attest to the fact that I am a bit boastful about my win/loss record when playing this game and that I like to annihilate everyone. In fact, in one of our hands this past camping adventure I had what is called a “strong suit” – a long suit with many high cards. It was awesome! In Hearts whenever you have been dealt that type of hand and play it well, you are almost guaranteed that you can “shoot the moon” (ie: give everyone a kazillion points while you get none…and yes this is a good thing because in Hearts the goal is to have the least amount of points) It was simply stellar playing out that hand and watching them all squirm. (I can feel them rolling their eyes back home in California as they read this post!) But I digress….
As you may be aware I am beginning to pursue the possibility of doing speaking and writing in a more full time capacity. I want to ask you – my blog readers, family & friends – for some advice and input. As I began this post with stories of my card playing prowess, I want to relate that to my life. Let me be the first to admit that I have been dealt a good hand in life.
- I was raised in a strong Christian home with parents who loved each other and their children. We were blessed with a solid family life filled with many fun & meaningful traditions
- I received a good education and a myriad of extra curricular opportunities
- I have been blessed with a truly amazing husband and eight fabulous children
- I have been privileged to serve the Lord my entire adult life in some type of ministry
- For over a decade I ran a very successful & profitable home based business
- I have founded, along with my husband, a stellar Christian high school
Scripture says, “to whom much has been given, much is required” and I have desired to be diligent to use my gifts to bless others. These blessings have given me a broad base of areas in which I could pursue speaking and writing…but I need to narrow my message down to just a few. (at least to begin with) Here are some of the “generic” areas I have a passion for, experience with and could consider developing book proposals or speaking topics on:
- Family Faith Traditions
- Dating, Courtship & Relationships (Purity too)
- Adoption & Pro Life Issues
- Marriage – Preparing for & making it meaningful & lasting
- Parenting – from toddlers to teens
- Raising Girls
- Time Management
- Plus Size Families (not in pounds in number..lol!)
- Home Business
- Family Life
- Purposeful Living at every season of life
- Christian Education
- Goal Setting
This is where you can help me! I need to know your thoughts – What is my “strong suit”?
What areas have I helped you with most in your life? What has inspired you & motivated you to do something greater or different? How have I influenced you? What do you think my greatest passion has been? What books would you read? What speaking topics would you just love to hear more about?
I would be thrilled if you could take a moment and share your thoughts with me to help me make some key decisions (You do not have to narrow it down to one, in fact I would love to hear your top three or four.) I will pray that the time you take to help me will be given back to you in abundance…and I’ll try not to “shoot the moon” if I ever play against you in hearts! 😉
In addition if you will share your comments by August 5th…I will draw a name from among all of you who comment and give away a few books that I have received at this conference. (yes! I am bribing you)