One year ago today – I published my first post on this blog.
After ten years of writing a weekly motivational message entitled – “Monday Motivation” (which I have archived some of those most popular messages on this blog)- that was primarily written for an audience of the Creative Memories consultants on my team but had gained a readership of not only thousands more consultants but had been passed on to their husbands, friends and other direct sales consultants throughout the nation and even to other parts of the world, I decided to expand my audience as well as my message and thus began this blog – “Monday Motivation & More“.
The purpose of this blog is to inspire, motivate, encourage, challenge and bless others through motivational messages, stories of my life and insights gained after two decades of marriage, ministry, business and raising seven (so far!) children.
I want to share (with whomever will listen) my many passions –
- the Lord Jesus and the Word of God
- marriage, mothering & family life
- creating meaningful family traditions
- babies – both the born & the unborn
- Christian education & homeschooling
- photos, albums and memory preservation
- ministry and missions
- purposeful & positive living
I want to use my God given gifts and talents to positively influence people and make a difference in their lives.
For those of you who know me well – I am a “stats” and numbers gal – so after one year in the blogging world here are the statistics:
- 148 posts written (almost triple what I was doing when I was writing a weekly email)
- 220 comments posted (I would love to hear from more of you – your thoughts, insights, ideas – I know you all have lots to share!)
- 567 subscribers to this blog (FYI – subscribing just means when I post something it is delivered directly to your email inbox – just click here to subscribe – it is FREE)
- 31, 300+ “hits” – averaging 100 per day, 2,500 per week this past year
The top 5 posts (most read – besides the photo page which consistently receives the most hits – proving to me once again that people LOVE photos!)
- Family & Friends Friday – “Taste and See That the Lord is good”
- Our Passover Christian Seder
- Stymied by the System
- Lesson Plan for Life
- The Apple of His Eye
Top 5 search words used in finding this blog (you know like “google searches”)
- Beth Lambdin (by far the number one way people find my blog is by searching under my name)
- Monday Motivation (I am thinking this is all those wonderful CMC’s who have been my biggest fans for the past decade – love you all)
- Communion (who knew that there were so many people searching this word?)
- Tea Party Recipes (smile!)
- Christian Seder (Perhaps more & more people are looking for meaningful tradiotional ways to express their faith)
Top 5 referrers (People or blogs that send folks my way – THANK YOU to everyone who passes my blog site on to others!)
- WordPress Dashboard
- Emails (from those who email my blog site to their friends & family)
- Mommylife(I occasionally comment on this blog and she has a large readership and many click on my blog after reading a comment)
- loveconquersall (A dear friends sister, Jeannene who always has an encouraging word for me)
- Hysterical Housewife (Becky Collins – whose spirit, enthusiasm & passion I love!)
On this one year anniversary I want to thank a few people who have really been a blessing to me in this blogging adventure:
- Christina Gilbert who got me “turned on” to the blogging world and encouraged me to “go for it”. Christina you are such a valuable resource, an encouragement and you “sharpen my sword”. Am I ever so glad that the Lord brought you into my life!
- Jeff Gilbert – you are the BEST! Thank you, thank you, thank you for loaning me your computer genius and your entrepreneur mind. I am always challenged, refreshed and renewed after spending time with you. Who knew that my former student would one day be teaching me?
- Patty Martin – I so appreciate your regular input via email to me. Your words have meant so much. I am glad this blog has reconnected us after so many years.
- My dear darling hubby Dan, the six princesses and the knight – thanks for allowing the “whole world” a look into our lives and for giving up a slice of my time to sit at the computer and write. I love you all so very very much.
Lastly….I can’t let an anniversary go by without setting goals for the next year. (I know, I know – shocking!) So here they are:
- To triple my subscriber-ship to 1500 (are you subscribed?) & double my annual “hits” on this blog
- To encourage more of my readers to comment and add their valuable input and ideas to this blog
- To average 4 to 5 postings per week
- To get some of my writings published
- To use this blog as a springboard for speaking engagements for – businesses, schools, church retreats, women’s meetings, mothers groups etc….
Here’s to another year of blogging!